Friday, September 25, 2009

Au Jour Sandwiches



Au jour Sandwiches


This is a wonderful new recipe I just got from my super Aunt Mel. My kids really loved it and that means we will be making it again.


In a crock pot combine:

1 roast
5 cups water
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 packet of Lipton Onion Soup Mix
Cook on high for at least 6-8 hours
Take the meat out of juice and shred. Keep the juice in crock pot on low and save for later. Cut a long loaf of french bread and butter each side. Cook in the oven until crispy and warm. Take out of oven. Cover both sides with a thin layer of shredded meat and provolone cheese. Put back in the oven until the cheese is melted. I put it under the broiler at the end for just a couple minutes to get the cheese all bubbly. Put sandwich back together and then serve with the warm au jour sauce for dipping. It was delicious.

1 comment:

  1. I am making this right now as I am typing this, and it smells so good, better than when you go to a restrant and buy one. My mouth is watering

    ReplyDelete